Monday, March 08, 2010


Signs of spring

I needed a little extra incentive to take a walk this morning. I decided to take my camera and to look for signs of spring. I found several...

Pothole

Formamen asphaltus americanus
Or the common domestic pothole

Sprouting daffodils
Robin
Tree budding
Arborus ignotus
Meaning "I don't know what kind of tree this is"

Pollen prediction
This week in pollen...

Fluticasone nasal
Fluticasone propionate for nasal inhalation
Also known as totally necessary

10 yarns:

Chris said...

So far we just have the potholes.

I wish I could use the nasal spray! It gives me nose ulcers. :(

Lovs2Knit said...

Things are warming up here and the allergy meds are working overtime. I wished our potholes were that small. There are some potholes here that are big enough to fit a great dane in.

Karen said...

Thank goodness for signs of Spring - it feels like it's been a long winter. Although I could do without the allergies!

Knitcoach said...

You definitely crack me up! Pun intended thanks for sharing.

Bobbi said...

Ahhh...thanks for the reminder...I need a refill.

mrspao said...

Hooray for spring. We have lots more potholes than previous years but then we have had more snow than ever before.

Bubblesknits said...

I opened our windows today and immediately had to go find the nasal spray. ::sigh::

Sydney said...

I was just thinking today that I need to get some allergy meds before the Bradford pears start blooming.

Sheepish Annie said...

I've had the most springish feelings this week. It was weird...suddenly I think it might be close!

Not looking forward to that pollen thing, though. That is going to ruin it somewhat.

Donna Lee said...

The potholes around here are enormous. Now we'll spend as much money fixing them (I hope) as we did getting rid of the snow.

I am not looking forward to the pollen but I have seen whole flocks of robins.