Monday, November 02, 2009


Data deficit

Would you look at that? Yet another weekend of radio-silence from chez trek. The most efficient way to remedy this dire data deficit is with a Monday Night Bullet Post...

  • I can knit.


  • No, really. I can.


  • I suppose that it would be much easier to convince everyone of this little-known fact if I could provide photographic evidence of my knitting.


  • Alas, I cannot.


  • Daylight Saving Time has ended. We have returned to our regularly scheduled Standard Time and so the sun says nite-nite earlier.


  • I did not get home early enough to use what little daylight there was on photographing the cardigan and the socks, both of which are longer today than they were on Saturday.


  • I am ready to make toes for my socks! For both of them!


  • This pair of socks has taken me far longer to knit than I care to admit.


  • So, I won't.


  • The reason why I was too late getting home to take pictures of my handiwork was that one of my students needed to talk after class.


  • You wouldn't have turned your back on her teary countenance, either.


  • So much for sock and sweater snapshots. Maybe tomorrow?


  • Not making any promises, though.


  • Why, yes, the vanilla milk campaign is continuing nicely, thank you for asking.


  • Speaking of milk, I was mentioning to Number Guy this morning how our milk supply seems to reduce in weird spurts.


  • We had a half-full gallon container on Thursday morning. I bought two more gallons at the store Thursday afternoon.


  • Saturday morning, I poured the last bit of milk from the open container, leaving two full, unopened gallons in the refrigerator.


  • This morning, there was just about a half gallon left.


  • Seriously.


  • Number Guy then told me that if there is less than a full gallon, he steers clear of the milk so that we are not left in the unenviable position of needing to rush out at 6am for milk for Neatnik's breakfast cereal. Otherwise, he feels free to grab a big, tall glass pretty much any time.


  • I bought three gallons of milk today.


  • Tomorrow is Election Day. Number Guy and I walk right past our polling location on our morning pre-office walk.


  • Isn't that convenient?


  • As long as we are on the subject of walking, I racked up some major serious mileage last week. I'm not planning to do as much this week, but I did walk to the bank and to the post office this morning.


  • Oh, that thump you heard was the sound of Chris falling off her desk chair.


  • Sorry, Chris! The chocolate en route should help.


  • April, your little prize is on its way, too.
Well, now that I've caused bodily injury to a very nice knit/book blogger, this looks like a good place to stop.

I wish you all much strength and fortitude during this week of adaptation as we all cope with the time change. If that doesn't work, I wish you lots of chocolate and caffeine.

3 yarns:

Chris said...

Ouch! That's going to leave a bruise!

*anticipates mail*

Robin said...

My prayer is that your sudent will come to know by Whose grace she was kept from being in one of those cars... and that trust in His Sovereignty will bring her comfort, peace and purpose.

Sheepish Annie said...

My entire class is in agreement. The time change is making us tired and we should all be allowed to take naps. I'm looking into it, but I don't think they'll be making it part of the middle school curriculum.

Maybe we just need more milk...