Monday, September 21, 2009


In which trek finds it amusing

I saw something quite amusing in my Bloglines this morning:

Weather report

This morning's local weather report

# # #

Speaking of amusing, we just have to start out the semester on the right foot. Here is an email I received from Student Who Did Not Pay Enough Attention in Class on Friday, in all its typographical and grammatically incorrect glory:

To: professor trek
From: Student Who Did Not Pay Enough Attention in Class on Friday
========================================
Hey its me SWDNPEAICOF I'm in your friday class. I'm email you from my blackberry. I just wanted to know what was the assignment that was due this friday I know its a blog about [assigned ethics topic] but what did we have to do.

Sent on [SWDNPEAICOF's Data Provider] from my BlackBerry

# # #
Dude...seriously???

# # #
And so it begins...

9 yarns:

Barbara said...

Looks like the weather was cool and moony at your house today.

I'm not even going to comment on the email. I'd have to whack that student with my handy dandy 2x4 if he/she was mine and I'm too far away.

I read in an article last week that kids these days can't problem solve or figure things out because their parents have always been quick to fix everything for them. I believe the term is helicopter parents. That sort of thing would drive me to the winery.

verification word: pretain-something that we be relevant later

Barbara said...

Arrgh...

"that SAID kids"

sorry for the omission

Barbara said...

Oh, for the love of...

"something that WILL be"

evidently I breakfasted at the winery without realizing it. think I'll go lie down.

mrspao said...

Hehe :) At least they turned up to class....

Kim said...

I love how SWDNPEAICOF says they *will* write you from their blackberry, and the message says it was sent from their blackberry.

Sheepish Annie said...

Cheer up. At least they care enough to ask. Today, my students all dozed off, chatted amongst themselves and asked how much longer 'til lunch. They did not once respond to my requests for work completion.

OTOH, yours are older. They probably should care more at this stage of life...

Sara said...

As a teacher of high school students I must tell you I try...I really do try. And I teach Spanish for heaven's sake and I'm still trying to get them to use English correctly, listen, be responsible etc.

Georgi said...

Just think, this student will one day be a responsible adult. Isn't that scary?

Carrie K said...

At least your lows will get higher. ;) Maybe your SWDNPEAICOF will actually tumble to the fact that that is his assignment.

Maybe not.