Saturday, November 01, 2008


Snap

Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to pick up the needles on Thursday. Just too much paper grading and class preparation. Of course, I should mention that part of the class preparation included making a last minute change to the material I was going to teach on Friday morning. The students' graded requirement for the current week has a couple of tricky bits to it so we covered the homework in class and the classwork was assigned to be done at home.

We'll see how many emails I get over the next seven days, eh?

Instead of knitting i-cord on Thursday afternoon, I took Neatnik over to the fabric shop where we purchased a magnetic snap closure and a decorative patch for the flap of the Snack Sack. She loves the final result.

Snack Sack

I love how the heart goes with the pink parts
and the dots on the heart match the blue bits

Now, I am back to my applied i-cord. Somehow this morning, I managed to forget that there is this little 3:4 ratio between the horizontal and the vertical in knitting. After I made the turn from the long edge to the short edge, I was pointedly reminded of this critical ratio.

I am so glad that one can call for a "do over" in knitting with no negative repercussions.

Have a a healthy All Saints' Day!

3 yarns:

Chris said...

Do overs are what make knitting survivable. :)

Deb said...

Just like marriages - we can have do-overs!

Sheepish Annie said...

Happy Belated All Saints Day! (I was strapped forcibly into a bridesmaid dress on the first and unable to reach the computer...)

I love the way the snack sack is looking! You're right. That patch matches perfectly!