Tuesday, November 25, 2008


Movies

What do Star Trek: The Next Generation (Season Five) and It's a Wonderful Life have in common?

Eleven and a half inches of sweater back in Stockinette stitch, that's what.

Yes, I watched two episodes of Star Trek after lunch (New Ground and Hero Worship) and watched Clarence earn his wings after dinner. This is about all I was really capable of doing today. I'm in the midst of my annual autumnal chest infection.

Despite feeling like somebody's been pounding on my back at night, I managed to do a bunch of laundry and some of the grocery shopping yesterday. I even made a side trip to the library. That, apparently, was enough to put me down for the count. I was in bed by nine last night.

It happens like this every year: I try to ignore the symptoms, do too much, and then pay the consequences.

This morning, the consequences came calling with their hands held out. Number Guy flew the morning routine solo and got Neatnik up, fed, dressed, and on the bus on time. Thank you, Number Guy! Note to self: inform Number Guy that pudding is not an acceptable lunch box substitute for yogurt. I returned to the land of slumber and scored an additional couple of hours of much-needed shut eye.

Good thing I got some extra sleep this morning as I had to run a couple of really important errands that I'd put off yesterday. On the way back from them, I stopped at the thrift shop and scored a very cute, pink tennis dress for the Neatnik. For two-fifty, how could I go wrong? It fits and she loves it.

Anyway, I hope that everyone else is feeling all chipper and healthy. Me, I'm going to go to bed in a few minutes. It appears to be past my bedtime: it's almost 9:30 and I have class tomorrow at eight.

6 yarns:

Chris said...

Ugh - hope you get better quickly!

But pudding has the same TEXTURE as yogurt. Works for me.

Sheepish Annie said...

The glowing box of entertainment is good for both knitting and respiratory infections. It's a scientific fact.

It is also a fact that pudding is awesome. Yogurt is healthy. But not so awesome. There is no comparison. But I understand why it might not be the best choice for a growing Neatnik.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I really don't see the problem behind a lunch of PB sandwich (no jelly), berry applesauce, vanilla pudding, and chocolate milk.

I mean, what's wrong with that?!?

NumberGuy

Yarnhog said...

Sorry about the chest cold. No fun at all.

I love TNG. I think I've seen every episode at least five times. It's hard to believe I was a freshman in college when that series started and I used to watch it with my boyfriend, and now I watch the reruns with my kids!

Robin said...

Hope you're feeling more chipper today. (pb + berry applesauce + vanilla pudding + chocolate milk adds up to tummy trouble, number guy!)

April said...

Ahem. I grew up on pudding as my Mother did not eat yogurt. And look how well I turned out!

OK, let's try a different analogy here ...

Get better soon, k?