Monday, September 22, 2008


Good man

To those of you inhabiting the Northern Hemisphere with me: let us welcome the annual arrival of Autumn! That's right, today is the vernal equinox so summer is now officially over.

Of course, this means that a very strange thing happened this summer: I wore a wool sweater to an outdoor movie.

The town where Neatnik's school is located offers free movies in the park on select Friday evenings. It's nice. The park they use surrounds a picturesque small lake and they even provide free popcorn. Old-fashioned, wholesome family entertainment.

This past Friday evening, the last Friday of the summer, was a bit less than summery in temperature. Number Guy called it "a little cool". Neatnik and I termed it "down-right cold" after we'd sat through only the first half hour of the show, wearing sweaters while huddled together under a very heavy blanket. While we did decide to decamp, it wasn't all bad: we put the same movie in the DVD player at home and Neatnik cuddled up with me under a blanket to watch it.

Happiness is a warm child on your lap. Even if that warm child eventually falls asleep and puts your arm to sleep for good measure. Good thing that Daddy is skilled at scooping up the offspring and schlepping her upstairs.

You know another thing that Number Guy is really good at doing?

Complimenting the knitting.

That warm sweater I was wearing? It was the 4-S.

4-S

Wool for the last Friday of summer
Go figure

I put it on over a long sleeved button up shirt. After I adjusted the collar and the cuffs, I turned to Number Guy and asked him "How does it look?"

He got this strange look on his face and walked right up to me, staring at my chest. Then he said, "The stitches. They're all so even. I can see each column of stitches and they're all so even. It looks wonderful!"

Note the lack of any references to store bought woolen items.

7 yarns:

Karen said...

That is a beautiful sweater and a very kind and wonderful comment your husband gave you. It sure does feel good to wear the wool. We were able to wear ours over the weekend too.

April said...

Now that's a major score for the Number Guy and that's a beautiful sweater for you. :)

Chris said...

Aw, what a sweet Number Guy you have. :)

Sheepish Annie said...

That NG is a keeper, that's for sure! Even if he hasn't offered to take you away to someplace warmer and more tropical. I guess it's better to be appreciated for the knitting, though.

It's been downright freezing around here lately!

Aunt Kathy said...

Definitely a Good Man... I bet my husband wouldn't have noticed

Abigail said...

I think our husbands are related. Mine has done the same thing!

And again the sweater is great.

Deb said...

Way to go Number Guy!! What was the movie?