Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Twice read

Twice this morning I read the same quote in two different places:

"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope."
    - Jeremiah 29:11

I'm glad that Someone knows what the plan is - because most of the time, I sure don't. Guess I should sit up and take notice.

# # #

Thanks to everyone who is collecting Box Tops for the contest and also to everyone who put their 2¢ into the poll.

I was really surprised that so many people voted for a contrasting border. When I looked at the body of the shawl and the contrast candidate, however, I realized that it would look just like what it was: a kludge solution for a knitter who ran out of yarn. So, I broke down and ordered another hank of yarn yesterday and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

While we wait, there's a bit of stealth knitting in progress...

sac01
A little under the blogdar knitting...

8 yarns:

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for the reminder from God. I have been struggling with stuff here for a while and sometimes I forget he does have a plan for his children. He knew I needed to be reminded and used you to do it!

Chris said...

Stealthy trek!

Bobbi said...

My favorite plaque:
"Man plans, God laughs."

Jennifer said...

That is a beautiful quote, and so helpful when things gets stressful.

mrspao said...

That is definitely something I needed reminding about! Thanks!

Sheepish Annie said...

There are days when I have to wonder if the plan might be a bit more "flexible" than I want to believe...

Glad you came to some resolution on the shawl dilemma. I think it will look great and you'll end up happy with your solution.

Anna said...

I LOVE that verse! So much so I had it and 2 others tattooed on! Yup that's right, a yarner w/ink!

Lisa said...

That is one of my favorite verses too! It holds so much promise and reminds us that God is in control. Thanks for sharing it with everyone!