Friday, October 05, 2007


Spooky

If you are a regular of my book blog, you know that when I find an author I like, I tend to read everything s/he has written - and rapidly. I bookmark authors' web sites to that I can peek every now and again to see what's about to be published.

The library is currently in a bit of a "requests fulfillment slump". They were doing so well meeting my literary needs and then nothing. I suppose that I need to search out more new authors or something. In the meantime, I needed something new to read. Something a little different.

Spooky New JerseyWhile at the local bookstore the other day, I saw a title that intrigued me: Spooky New Jersey by S.E. Schlosser.

Short ghost stories.
Something with a twist.
Something different.
Something very different.

In another interesting twist, more people are voting for a contrasting lower border (in Mica) than for a new hank of Neptunite. I have to admit that I am surprised.

I did, however, contact Tina who says that if I send her shawl pictures, she can match the colors of a new hank as closely as possible. The skies are grey and dreary here today, though. Perhaps tomorrow will be brightly sunny and good for outdoor photography.

6 yarns:

Sheepish Annie said...

The perfect book for October!!!

Abigail said...

Ooooo, I loves me a spooky tale. Thanks for sharing, I will put it on my library list.

Good luck with the yarn:D

Donna Lee said...

We have a few "ghost stories of new jersey" books. My youngest daughter is very fond of local history and the jersey devil ia an absolute favorite-especially when told around a campfire late at night deep in the Pine Barrens. My husband tells it better than anyone I have ever heard.

Jennifer said...

A contrasting color for the border might be nice! Of course if you can get a skein dyed especially for you to match, that would be very good too.

I love spooky stories! You must tell us how you enjoy the collection.

April said...

You have a book blog? Where have I been?

mrspao said...

Another blog for me to read :) I hope you manage to find something for your shawl.