Thursday, October 11, 2007


Pincushion

Did anyone see my pincushion? It's approximately 41" tall and weighs about 34½ pounds. It is a highly mobile, bipedal model with the extremely articulate verbal feature as well as the cute coiffure option. It was last seen crying in the doctor's office and then slurping up ice cream at the ice cream shop.

Just in case you hadn't figured it out by now, Neatnik had a well visit at the pediatrician yesterday and had all of her booster shots and a flu shot, too. Five punctures. Poor little unit. In the past, she's had flu shots and other needles without even blinking. Yesterday we broke into a whole new territory - the land of painful inoculations. Tell me that you wouldn't have brought the kid directly to the purveyors of the fine frozen goodness. Homework takes a back seat to pain and misery.

Now, I must get ready to greet the day, put Neatnik on the bus, and prepare for week #2 of hot lunch preparation at school.

12 yarns:

debolsillo said...

Poor little, you just remind me to my mom saying to the nurse "Are you sure you must to shot her?" ;) I cry so much...

Chris said...

Poor Neatnik! I'm glad she survived to eat ice cream again.

momof2 said...

Poor little one, at least she got ice cream!
My mom made a deal with my kids that for each shot they got one toy (that means for the four shots my son got he got four new toys!). He didn't even bat an eyelash when he got his shots and was ready to go to they toy store right from the dr's office! He even told the nurse and dr to get the shots over with so he could go toy shopping with his gamma, they were laughing at that! Glad she is doing ok and still able to eat ice cream!

Elinor said...

Ouch! I think the most painful inoculation I had was my tetanus shot I had to get before playing soccer. Yow. But those bacteria never got into me, even with all the dirty, bloody, knee scrapes I got as goalie. Charming. Glad she's okay! Shots are no fun. But they are good for you.

April said...

Aww, the poor little Munchkin. Shots are no fun, no fun at all.

Sheepish Annie said...

After my TDP booster, I went and got myself some nice chocolate gelato. It made everything allllll better. Well, almost. I forgot the sprinkles. Neatnik is very, very smart to have remembered the healing power of sprinkles.

I shall have to remember to have her write me a prescription when I get my flu shot next month...

Yvonne said...

Hot lunch prep at school? That sounds fun. Hot lunch at our school means pre-packaged warm stuff bused from the Intermediate school. And it sucks.

Ina said...

Poor Neatnik! Thank goodness for the awesome healing powers of ice cream. And I'm glad the flu shot supply seems ample this year.

Jennifer said...

Ah, the five year old shots. RR didn't enjoy them either. Poor little Neatnik! On the plus side, there's not another immunization for a couple of years.

Kris said...

Caleb will get at least 3 at his check up in December. Blech!

Jenny Raye said...

The Teen fainted when she had that set of shots. Our solution--Slurpee. Hope the Neatnik is feeling less like a pin cushion!

zippiknits said...

I would have wanted to eat ice cream if I'd just had to be in the room with your little unit. You have a very resilient pin cushion. Good for her.