Sunday, August 12, 2007


Casey

Our parish priest has returned from a bit of a trip. At church this morning, he told us that while on vacation, he ran into his old friend Casey. Casey was on a business trip and wanted to pick up a little something for Mrs. Casey.

The two men went into a boutique and Casey asked for some perfume for his wife. The shopkeeper presented him with a $50 bottle of cologne but Casey said, "I was looking for something a little less expensive."

The shopkeeper brought out a $30 bottle of cologne but Casey repeated, "I was looking for something a little less expensive."

On her third try, the shopkeeper pulled out a $15 bottle of cologne. Still, Casey was dismayed and told her, "I was actually looking for something cheap."

So, the shopkeeper pulled out a mirror and held it in front of Casey's face.

Yes, our white-haired pastor has an imaginary friend. We smile at Casey's antics but he's our friend now, too.

7 yarns:

Sharon said...

great joke!

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm glad to know that Mr. Casey finally found someone. I'm pretty sure I dated him for a while back in the 90's...

Carol said...

~snicker~ Your pastor has a terrific sense of humor :O)

April said...

I like church humor, you never feel guilty laughing at it.

Apparently my wittiness has left the building.

Julie said...

hee hee :)

Gena said...

HaHa! We used to have a really funny pastor who told the best jokes. I'll have to remember that one.

Samantha said...

I love it :)