Wednesday, February 21, 2007


Top and bottoms

Celtic Harbor HatQuick update on current knitting. The Celtic Harbor Hat is the brown and oatmeal Fair Isle project. My first sizable Fair Isle. Hoping that I am not pulling the floats too tightly. It *is* crammed on a 16" needle, so it is a bit hard to tell right now. That picture isn't click-able since it wasn't a very clear one. Sorry. Photographer's still on pain meds.

Pilchard SocksThe sock to the left is Cascade Fixation courtesy of the lovely April. Was going to be a project to submit to Knitty but didn't like how it was going. Pulled this puppy back to cuff and this will be a simple happy 3 x 1 rib sock.

I asked Neatnik if she would like a new pair of yarn socks - knowing, of course, that the answer would be yes. She said that she would like Socks That Rock. Well, she didn't choose one of the colors that is already wound, so I told her to pick something else - can't face setting up the swift and winder right now. She chose some Opal. What can I say? The kid has good taste in sock yarn.

12 yarns:

Lynae said...

Pretty! I have also been pondering a submission for Knitty...not there yet!

I was sorry to hear about your accident!

Chris said...

I'm glad to hear that you're still knitting, even on the injured reserve list.

Roxanne said...

Beautiful sock and sorry about the accident...ugh! Glad to hear you're knitting right along though! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Beth said...

Neatnik does indeed have good taste in sock yarn. I wonder if it has anything to do with her being a knitter already? :)

Sweet Stitching Betties said...

The girl knows what she likes! The hat's looking great!

Sheepish Annie said...

Neatnik has gotten her sock yarn knowledge downloaded early...I was much later gaining that particular helpful information!!! ;)

Good to see that the knitting is coming along even with the addition of pain medication!

Opal said...

I like how the hat is coming out and I know how hard it is to do Fair Isle on a 16". I ended up splitting the difference with 2 circulars.

Neatnik has great taste in yarn. Who can say no to a little Opal? ;-)

Jennifer said...

Neatnik surely does have great taste! Continue to rest and heal.

Susan said...

Are you modeling that sock on your cast? Very cool!

Susie said...

Wow, girl, you sure get back on track quickly!

Sending fast-healing thoughts your way...

Latoya said...

Right on for the kid. smile.

Knit on!

Anonymous said...

Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher is a great book, it's a nice, long cozy read. I really like her books. If you REALLY like to read, try The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It's the first book in a series. Each book is close to 1,000 pages. I had an accident, and read all 6 of her books while I was home healing.
Best Wishes,
Susan