Thursday, February 22, 2007


Thanks, peeps

Today, I left the house for the first time since coming home from the hospital. This morning was a visit to the orthopedist for x-rays and an initial follow up from the surgery. I got to see the films even though I didn't get to bring them home with me. The bone looks perfectly aligned; one plate and six screws. My surgeon is happy with the progress so far and we will be removing the staples late next week.

Although I have not been released to drive, I have been released from house arrest. Number Guy took advantage of this and asked me to go with him and Neatnik to the pediatrician after work tonight. The small one has a dry cough and a raw throat. Fortunately she does not have strep. Just an awful lot of PND. A bit of cough and cold medicine and she will be just fine.

Very little knitting at chez trek today - just a couple of sock rounds. The two trips to the doctors' offices wiped me out a whole lot more than I would have expected. Last night, however, there was a lot of sock knitting. Two of my knitting peeps came to visit and knit with me. They also cased my stash. Can somebody keep an eye on them for me? I can't very well chase them down if they decide to make off with the nice sock yarns! Thanks for coming over, peeps, I really enjoyed it; and I really needed it, too.

12 yarns:

Opal said...

What a great strategy to stalk the trek-stash. Get it while she's down! Move in! Move in!

In all seriousness, I'm so glad you're healing well. :-)

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that the healing is continuing apace! Rest up.

rho said...

So glad the healing is going so well -- a word from the experinced -- when your body is working hard to heal you - you will get tired - you will be surprised and sometimes downright p/o'd by how tired - but tell yourself that your body it really working hard to fix the bones etc.

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

Glad to see you are able to get up and about a little bit. Hope the little one feels better soon.

Zonda said...

I bet it was great to get some fresh air! Glad it is in alignment and healing well..Hope Neatnik feels better soon too!

Yay for knitting friends! That was great to have visitors I'm sure! I guess you could fight them off with your crutches if you had to LOL!

Take care!

Chris said...

Don't over do it - heal heal heal!! I'm glad you got out a bit and have had visitors during your convalesence.

Sheepish Annie said...

Glad to hear that you have been released on an unsuspecting public! Although the little trips are going to tucker you out so don't overdo.

Throw a crutch at the stash stalkers. Even if you miss, it will startle them enough to help you redirect them from the stash. They can't help themselves...you got some nice stash there! Stalkers like chocolate chip cookies. Lure them away with baked goods. Works every time!

Carol said...

Hmmm gotta watch em every minute. I should come for a visit too;) seriously though, glad you're getting out and about and hope the Neatnik gets better fast. I'll be running around in a resort with my co-workers and trying to sneak in some knitting.

--Deb said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well!

Rositta said...

Just read your previous post and am sorry about your fall. I was never able to master crutches and had health care workers yell at me for that. What is it with these people anyway...hope your recovery goes well...ciao

Debby said...

Hi - I am new here and saw a post on another blog about your awful birthday surprise. Just wanted to say that I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'm glad to read that you are slowly but surely healing. I hope that you'll have a "makeup" birthday celebration with your loved ones soon (and lots of comforting sock yarn).

sydney said...

Ack! Bloglines is getting on my last nerve. It dropped several blogs from my blogroll and yours was one of them. Anyway I'm so sorry to hear about your leg, and your birthday! I'm glad your leg is doing well and that you got out of the house for bit and had some visitors. Get plenty of rest.