Wednesday, February 07, 2007


Shawling

4 row counterWeaver's Wool Mini ShawlThis is the embryonic shawl - a.k.a. a shawling - with five pattern repeats finished. I have almost double the yarn specified, so this will be more than a "mini" shawl - that's good by me. Hm, I am noticing that the color is a bit off here - a bit dark.

The shawl has a four row repeat so I pulled out the jeweler's pliers today and put together this clever little row counter. Go talk to Turtlegirl for instructions so you can make your own.

8 yarns:

Opal said...

It's so sweet! The baby shawling! Thanks for the tip on the little row counter. I love it!

Paula said...

How cute. I have thought about making that. It doesn't look scary to lace-challenged me.

Chris said...

Hmm, are you SURE it isn't a shawlette? Won't the vest hear it crying at night?

JennyRaye said...

Yay, a shawling is born!

Beth said...

It's looking very nice and I like the subtle changes in the yarn color.

Carol said...

Very nice! You'll be wearing it before you know it! Thanks for sharing the row counter!

turtlegirl76 said...

The vest looks great! That shawl look like it'll be a fun knit too. (And thanks for thinking to use the link to my new blog =) )

Samantha said...

I like your row counter :)