Tuesday, February 13, 2007


Googly

Last summer, during the Super Stupendous Sock Bag Swappage of Aught-Six, I arranged a swap for the Celtic Harbor Hat kit. I finally got around to casting it on the other night. Yes, so it matured in the stash drawer for a while. It's wool. No expiration date.

Okay, back to the casting on. It took about an hour to get it a way that I liked. You see, I tried a couple of new cast on methods and also had to try different size needles because the pattern doesn't tell you what needle to use. It just says the size to obtain gauge and only gives the gauge for the Fair Isle portion, not a standard St st swatch. Swell. We are, however, hoping for the best here and the Neatnik's head is still a bit smaller than mine so there is a fallback recipient in the wings.

While that was not a particularly satisfying yarn event, today at work was a really cool coding event. I'm learning the Google Maps API. This is a very cool, very useful, and very fun thing. Bye!

5 yarns:

Kris said...

Cute hat. I love Blackberry Ridge. I am knitting a sweater from their bulky 100% wool.

Samantha said...

It looks like a great hat!

Chris said...

It's a good day to be a geek girl, eh?

Sydney said...

I like that hat. I had seen that pattern before and forgot about it.

Sounds like you had a fun day geeking. Oh, and a very late, Happy Birthday!

Sheepish Annie said...

It will all work out...some things just need a bit of the tweaking is all!