Thursday, December 21, 2006


Fiber fiction

Five PoundsI thought that I'd host a little contest for my readers overseas. Why? Well, honestly, because I received a £5 gift certificate to Amazon UK. I can't use it on the American Amazon site and I would like to give it to someone who purchases from the UK web site.

So, what do you have to do to enter the contest? Well, first you have to live in a country serviced by Amazon UK. Next, get creative: enter the Funny Fiber Fiction Festival by leaving me a comment with a funny fiber fiction story. Keep it G-Rated as this is a family blog, okay?

China BlueWe'll let the contest run until New Year's and then Number Guy and I will decide which one we thought is the funniest and name a winner.

And just so no one feels left out, this is a picture of the dishcloth that I finished last night. She's China Blue, an Octagonal Swirl Dishcloth that I made because I was inspired by The Sheep's psychedelic version.

10 yarns:

Chris said...

Pretty dishcloth!!

Lucky overseas readers. :)

Beth said...

You have a well-dressed kitchen!

Heide said...

Please share the stories when they come in!

sopranospinner said...

Kids and I are coming out there tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Are you up for a trip to the Monmouth Museum one day? Poor DD will have to clain she's not too old, but that's okay.

Let me know and Merry Christmas!

April said...

I will not make another dishcloth ... I will not make another dishcloth ...

Dang, foiled again. I love it!

Sydney said...

Cute dishcloth! I'm looking forward to seeing the stories.

Sheepish Annie said...

The Psychedelic Pswyrl is now living happily in Texas and is, apparently, a favorite toy of a certain little girl. I think it will be happier there. I'm guessing that my Mom's kitchen would have been a bit too bland for it. Fun pattern, though and I have about a gajillion others to give to Mommy Sheep. Love yours!

Jennifer said...

I live in the US-but a thankfully funny story from last night. Dog unpacked a box of Hello Yarn Fiber for me. No harm done to the fiber, but he did eat the entire Dagoba chocolate bar included as a gift! He's fine, following a course of induced nausea and some belly rubs. My carpet, on the other hand...

This comes after he's eating a skein of yarn, part of my lazy kate-twice, a niddy noddy, and last week, a pink ink pen. He still has the pink paws (and I still have pink carpet) from that incident.

mrspao said...

I'm still thinking but I promise I will think up something! If it will be good is another story...

mrspao said...

The sock said to the dishcloth "Whatever shall we do?
The girl in the stocking is going to the zoo,
With lions and tigers and antelope and bear,
She just can't imagine what knits she's going to wear."

The dishcloth replied to sock,
"At me, she'll only ever mock.
She's ever so pretty and has curls in her hair,
Rather you than me, she would take there."

The girl in the stocking wasn't unkind
And a thought came to mind
She'd wind that dishcloth into a rose
And wear her socks to cover her toes.