Sunday, May 07, 2006


Warning: fiber content ahead

I got three packages on Friday just before leaving for Maryland. Didn't have time to photo them then but it was worth the wait. Behold, I present you with a little yarny pr*nøgr@phy.

Great swappingThese pretty little stitch markers were made especially for me by Jennifer. They were part of a swap for a sock bag. I really like them - blue is my favorite color! Doesn't she do nice work? Jennifer got a Noah's Ark bag and liked it so much that she asked me for ANOTHER bag - Starry Starry Night is winging your way, pal. In return, I'm supposed to expect some yarn in the mail this week - and, ooh, I can't wait!

Prize for little ole meThis is the picture that is going to get me some really strange hits: it is called Great Balls of Fire. This really pretty sock yarn was sent to me by The Intrepid Fiber Wizard. Thanks, Wiz. I won a little contest over there on her blog and this was my prize. If you like it, she's got more in her store. The Wiz will be the new owner of the Waterlilies sock bag - I'm getting some dye for my Kona that is patiently languishing waiting in the drawer. I chose ones that I can use to try to emulate Claudia's Santa Fe colorway.

Wonderful LYS!Next up is the wonderful present that Yvonne had sent to me from her Flying Fingers. I had told her to surprise me and was I ever surprised! Without any requests and only reading my blog and knowing that I like jewel tones, she called her LYS and told them to send me a present. Isn't it beautiful? The yarn is Mountain Colors and the little blue thingy in the front is one of those retractable tape measures. I've wanted one of those for a while and now I have one - in blue.


BeginaLast, but never least, this is the new "pet" at our house. Neatnik asked Number Guy for it at MSW yesterday and so home it came. Allow me to introduce you to "Begina". That is what the Neatnik named her cria and so that is what we shall call her. Note the little cylindrical row counter in the foreground. That is what I brought home from the sheep and wool festival. I really splurged, didn't I?

As a note on the sock bags, I realized tonight that I haven't made any "manly" ones yet. Probably because I haven't had any requests from male sock knitters yet. If you are a male sock knitter and you want a bag (or someone who wants a bag for a male sock knitter), email me/leave me a comment with your contact info and you can help me pick some nice masculine fabric.

PS. We saw a Jacob sheep yesterday with five horns. Very strange.

PPS. SYAC update: Still yarn purchase free since March 31st - that makes, what, 37 days? Wow, this is very cool. Even cooler is when I tell someone to surprise me, they send me sock yarn that I didn't ask for! Number Guy said he wants to buy me some sock yarn for Mother's Day. Isn't he the sweetest thing? No, I didn't beg, cajole, or threaten. He volunteered. A keeper.

10 yarns:

Teyani said...

congrats again on winning the contest - and I'm so delighted that you like your prize! Love the little stitch markers.

Sharon said...

You have some lovely knitting goodies there, I just adore those little stitch markers and the knitting needles. What are they made from, I have never seen anything like them here.

Andrea said...

I think your projects are lovely. Thanks for the Birthday wish.

Chris said...

That cria is really cute! ...must have more coffee....

Jennifer said...

Yay, the markers made it! Glad you like them. I'm heading to the post office today to send the yarn!

rene said...

Begina is so cute! Even with your modest festival purchase, you have quite a few goodies there. I'm glad the bags are doing so well- they look great.

JustApril said...

Stitchmarker happiness, Yarny goodness, stuffed animal hugableness..... OH what a wonderful post =)*)

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you like the yarn! Flying Fingers is my favorite store. They're about as local to me as Pittsburgh is to you...but their customer service is OUTSTANDING. I love them!

Jae said...

So much yarn goodness! I really love those stitch markers.

mf said...

What beautiful & generous gifts!! Love them all! Not surprised at all that Toni sold out or STR!