Thursday, May 04, 2006


Fit to be tied

Final score
This looks a little bit more definitive, but guess what. In going through the comments, I discovered that there were people who voted more than once for Fire on the Mountain: five of you. That means that it is still a tie. I am closing the poll - I had fun with it, did you? I suppose that you want to know who won. Our winner is PoMo.

Of course, I am certain that someone out there wants to know when I will cast on for a pair of socks using the Fire on the Mountain. Um, I don't know. I love the Romancing the Stone that I have on the needles right now and I need to finish them and the second Arizona Lace Sock before I cast on for another pair. I also kind of "owe" the Neatnik the next pair of socks. And, no, she is NOT getting my STR - she outgrows things way too much for that, thank you very much.

Did I mention that I got a new toy? I spent a good portion of last night with it. Do you want know what it is? It is one of these. I was prepping material for some more sock bags.

This, however, is supposed to be a knitting blog, so I should have some knitting content. Last night, after working on the fabric, I got out my Romancing the Stone and worked on my sock. There is a problem with STR yarn, I have discovered: it feels so nice that I keep pulling off my shoe and sock to pop the embryonic sock over my toes and admire how pretty it is. This makes for slow progress.

There is a movie quote in this post. Can you find and identify it?

5 yarns:

Sarah said...

Did I mention that I got a new toy? I spent a good portion of last night with it.

Is that the movie quote??

trek said...

Nope. But the quote is a question.

Chris said...

Wow, I so cannot figure it out...

Julsey said...

just letting you know...i left my comment twice, but only voted once!

Taryn said...

hmmmm is it 'i had fun with it, did you?' that sounds like it could be from a movie, but damned if i remember where i heard it. all this STR love that you have going on is making me want some... you enabler you lol