Sunday, March 05, 2006


Bright columns scarf

Kasha's yarn scarfHere we are. The beginning of a scarf from Kasha's fleece. I started using this yarn for the Lacy V Scarf back in December; I made it halfway done while holding two strands together on size 10½ needles before I ran out of yarn. The yarn languished while I waited for the spring shearing to get more of Kasha's yarn. I got really tired of waiting, so I frogged the whole thing two weeks ago and designed this scarf. This is a single strand of yarn on size 9 needles and is a much more open knit.

Bright Columns Scarf
This is named Bright Columns because the name of the alpaca from whose fleece it was originally knit was Kasha, which in Hindi means "brightness" and the pattern itself reminds me of multiple tiers of columns.

Gauge
Not terribly important, but my scarf is about 7¾" wide before blocking.

Materials
4oz of Kasha's sportweight yarn (about 250 yards)
size 9 needles (size 2 buddy needle for casting on if desired)
Bright columns detail
Pattern
Row 1: K2, p26, k2
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: K2, *yo, p2tog*, k2

Row 4: Knit
Row 5: K2, p26, k2
Row 6: K2, *yo, k2tog*, k2

Scarf
Cast on 30 stitches. Work in pattern until desired length or all of the yarn is gone.

7 yarns:

Knittinreed said...

Thanks for this pattern. It is indeed sweet!

trek said...

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like it. If you knit one, would you send me a picture?

Knittinreed said...

Sure will! It looks like a lovely airy summer pattern.

Kat said...

Cool pattern! Saved and put on my project list :)
Thanks!

Sharon said...

That is a lovely pattern, well done.

Beverly said...

Congratulations--you won my name the Lendrum contest. Will you e-mail me your mailing addy at barmygillen AT yahoo DOT com?

Crazy About Sox said...

It looks way better in person...like the pattern...