Sunday, November 20, 2005


Modified tychus

Side viewThis is a modified version of the Tychus by Brooke. My modifications include:

1. Using a single strand of worsted weight yarn on size 8 needles.
2. Working the hat in the round by repeating the short rows four times.
3. Seaming the sides of the hat together by using a pseudo-three needle bind off.
4. Worked using the illusion knitting basic pattern (knit black, knit black, knit red, purl red) instead of straight garter stitch.

Top viewThis hat somewhat resembles a chocolate candy kiss. The original Tychus does not. I suspect that the sizing, change to single strand, and stitch choice all contribute to the kiss shape. This was done up with leftover yarn from the Illusion Heart Pullover which was itself done up from leftover yarn from the Scarlet Knight Pullover. I had rather a lot of yarn to spare here because I only had to dip into the last two skeins of yarn for the collar on the Knight. I also just realized I don't have a completed Scarlet Knight picture on the blog...guess I should fix that sometime.

Update: I added a red and black pompom to the point of the hat today. It looks a little bit less like a candy kiss and a lot more finished.
  21 November 2005

0 yarns: